Disclaimer: this post may contain affiliate links, which means if you click through and make a purchase, I earn a small commission (at no additional cost to you!). This allows me to keep buying cheese and making free content 😉 Thanks!
And just like that, the holiday season is upon us. Time to bust out the cozy socks, queue up some cheesy Christmas movies, and start baking. To celebrate the peak of baking season, I’m going to be sharing 12 different cookie recipes, or (to be more festive) 12 Days of Christmas Cookies.
Day 5 brings us an easy one. Seriously, these little guys could not be easier. Oreo truffles! Three ingredients and no baking. What are you waiting for?? Go make them! Go!
Start by smashing a package of Oreos into fine crumbs, using either a food processor or placing the cookies in a large zip top bag and smashing with a rolling pin. Mix together with softened cream cheese. Roll into balls and freeze for 30 minutes. Dip in melted chocolate wafers and decorate however you’d like, with sprinkles, cookie crumbs, or drizzles of a different color chocolate! That’s it! Told you, couldn’t be easier!
- 1 package Oreo cookies (14.3 oz)
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- Chocolate melting wafers
- Sprinkles for decorating
- Smash the Oreos into fine crumbs, using either a food processor or by placing the cookies in a large zip top bag and smashing with a rolling pin.
- Beat the cream cheese until fluffy, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the oreo crumbs and mix until it comes together and there are no streaks of cream cheese.
- Roll tablespoon sized scoops of dough into balls with your hands and place on a parchment lined sheet tray. Place in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate wafers according to package directions
- Using a fork, dip the balls into melted chocolate and place on a sheet tray to harden. Decorate however you’d like.