This post may contain affiliate links, which means if you click through and make a purchase, I earn a small commission (at no additional cost to you!). This allows me to keep buying cheese and making free content 😉 Thanks!
Good old fashioned comfort food. Veggies and mushrooms swimming around in a savory gravy snuggled in between flaky pie crusts. We’re making this bad boy even easier by using frozen veggies (big fan of frozen produce over here!). Bake it in a cute little pie pan, a baking dish, or even your old reliable cast iron skillet.
Mushroom and Veggie Pot Pie
- 2 frozen pie crusts
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 bag frozen mixed vegetables, 16 oz
- 16 oz mushrooms, sliced (any kind)
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1/2 cup milk (any kind, non-dairy works too)
- 3 sprig fresh thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 350°F
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the onions and cook until transluscent, about 4-5 minutes. Add the mixed veggies and chopped mushrooms
- Add the chopped mushrooms and cook until they release their liquid, 8-10 minutes.
- Add the mixed veggies and stir to combine everything.
- Sprinkle flour over the vegetables and stir to coat.
- Add the milk and bring to a boil. Let it bubble, stirring occasionally, until it thickens enough to coat the back of a wooden spoon, 5-6 minutes.
- Prepare your baking dish (or pie tin or whatever you're using) with one of the pie crusts. Pour the filling into the prepared dish and spread evenly. Top with the other crust and crimp the edges down with a fork. Poke some holes in the top to allow steam to escape.
- Bake for X.
- Remove from oven a let sit for about 5 minutes before cutting into it.