This post may contain affiliate links, which means if you click through and make a purchase, I earn a small commission (at no additional cost to you!). This allows me to keep buying cheese and making free content 😉 Thanks!
Bright and fresh lemon ricotta pasta loaded with summer veggies! Make this on a day when you don’t feel like cooking, it comes together in a flash.
Lemon Ricotta Pasta with Summer Veggies
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 16 oz white mushrooms, sliced
- 2 zucchinis, diced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pound rigatoni
- 1 cup ricotta
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 cups arugula
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- 2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add the onions and cook until translucent, 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the mushrooms and cook until caramelized, 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the zucchini and cook until caramelized, 3-5 minutes.
- While the veggies are cooking, cook the pasta according to package directions.
- Save a cup of pasta water before draining.
- Add the cooked veggies to the cooked and drained pasta.
- Add the ricotta, parmesan, and arugula and stir to combine.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, lemon zest, and lemon juice.