Oh wow this one is good. Buttery, garlicky, fluffy, and warm. Beautiful swirls of everything bagel seasoning braided with soft, golden bread. I’m already jealous of how good your home is going to smell.
This starts with a classic babka dough, I just left out the orange zest that would traditionally go in with a sweet filling. We’re filling this guy with BUTTER and everything bagel seasoning!
Roll out the dough, spread with butter, and cover in everything bagel seasoning.
Roll it up, and cut that roll in half lengthwise. Then twist those two pieces together, cut sides up, and tuck the ends under.
Let it rise for about an hour.
Preheat your oven to 375 and bake for 25-30 minutes until golden brown. Cry with happiness because it’s so beautiful and your house smells so good.
Everything Bagel Swirl Bread
- 1 packet active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 4 oz butter, softened
- 8 oz butter, softened
- 1/2 cup everything bagel seasoning
- Mix the yeast and the WARM water in a bowl. Let bloom for about 5 minutes until the yeast is foamy.
- Slowly add the flour and sugar and mix with a dough hook on a medium-low speed until combined.
- Add the eggs and butter and mix on medium speed until combined.
- Turn the dough out on a lightly floured surface and knead for 10 minutes. Yes, 10 minutes. It’ll be fine, I promise.
- Place the dough ball in a bowl and cover with plastic or a clean dish towel. Let rise overnight in the refrigerator.
- The next day, punch down the dough and split it in half.
- Roll out one half into a large rectangle.
- Spread the rectangle with half of the softened butter.
- Evenly distribute half of the everything seasoning over top of the butter.
- Roll the rectangle up along the short side. Cut this roll in half lengthwise.
- Twist the halves together (cut side up) and tuck the ends under. Place in a loaf pan. Repeat with the other half of the dough. Cover with plastic or a clean dish towel and let rise for an hour.
- While the loaf is rising, preheat the oven to 375. Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden brown. Let cool for a few minutes, then remove from the pan. Slice and enjoy as is or spread with more butter or a little cream cheese.