Disclaimer: this post may contain affiliate links, which means if you click through and make a purchase, I earn a small commission (at no additional cost to you!). This allows me to keep buying cheese and making free content 😉 Thanks!
Jump to Recipe
And just like that, the holiday season is upon us. Time to bust out the cozy socks, queue up some cheesy Christmas movies, and start baking. To celebrate the peak of baking season, I’m going to be sharing 12 different cookie recipes, or (to be more festive) 12 Days of Christmas Cookies.
For Day 3 we’ve got a fun take on a classic – Espresso Chocolate Chip Cookies. Classic chocolate chip cookies with a little boost from instant espresso powder.
I used the classic Toll House recipe for the chocolate chip cookie base and then just added some instant espresso with the chocolate chips.
Start by creaming together the butter and sugar. Add an egg, vanilla, and the dry ingredients. Fold in chocolate chips and espresso powder. Scoop onto parchment lined trays, and bake at 350 for 11-12 minutes.
Espresso Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 14 oz chocolate chips (1 bag)
- 2 tbsp instant espresso powder or instant coffee
- In a mixer, cream together the butter and both sugars.
- Add the vanilla and the egg and mix to combine.
- Add the flour, baking soda, salt, and espresso powder in a few additions to avoid spraying flour everywhere. Mix until everything just comes together.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Preheat oven to 375oF
- Drop rounded tablespoons of dough onto parchment lined sheets.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes or until edges are set and cookies are golden brown
- Cool and enjoy!