This recipe literally could not be easier. Perfect for a busy day or when you just don’t feel like cooking. It has no business tasting this good for how easy it is. All it takes is a pork shoulder and a can of soda. Into the crock pot for a few hours until its unbelievably tender and literally falling apart. Mixed with whatever bbq sauce you choose, but I recommend the homemade one I’m posting below. Seriously, this recipe is so easy taking the 10 minutes to make the sauce is so worth it.
Serving suggestions: For a classic pulled pork sandwich, serve on King’s Hawaiian rolls with crisp coleslaw. It’s also super fun to do on slider rolls. The pork makes great leftovers and reheats really well. It’s AMAZING in a grilled cheese. Try it on a pizza with extra bbq sauce and some thin sliced red onions! Or over a baked sweet potato for a quick lunch.
Easy Slow Cooker Pulled Pork
- 2 lbs pork shoulder (or butt, boston butt, picnic shoulder)
- 1 can soda (dark colored – coke, dr.pepper, root beer)
- Season the pork with salt and peppers on both sides. Place into slow cooker.
- Pour the can of soda over the pork. Put the lid on the slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 5-6 hours or low for 7-8 hours.
- Shred the pork and mix with BBQ sauce of your choice
BBQ Sauce for Pulled Pork
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- a few spoonfuls of liquid from crock pot
- Combine all the ingredients in a saucepan over medium-high heat
- Cook until sauce reduces and thickens, 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally to make sure nothing burns on the bottom of the pan.
- Combine with shredded pork