This post may contain affiliate links, which means if you click through and make a purchase, I earn a small commission (at no additional cost to you!). This allows me to keep buying cheese and making free content 😉 Thanks!
Is there anything better than crispy chicken, fried in a cast iron skillet, sandwiched between a soft bun with some crunchy lettuce? Maybe with a spicy mayo? Maybe some pickles on there too???? But do yourself a favor and get a splatter guard to make the clean-up easier.
Crispy Fried Chicken Sandwich
- 2 chicken breasts, pounded thin
- salt and pepper
- garlic powder
- chili powder
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- neutral oil, like canola or vegetable
- 2 hamburger buns
- toppings like lettuce, pickles, spicy mayo, whatever you want to there!
- Pour the oil into a cast iron skillet over medium high heat.
- Place the flour and seasonings in one shallow dish. Mix to combine
- Crack and beat the egg into another dish
- Add the panko to a third dish.
- Dredge the chicken breasts in the flour until they're completely coated and then shake off the extra flour.
- Dip the floured chicken breasts into the egg and ensure they're coated. Let the excess egg drip off.
- Now dip the egg-covered chicken into the panko until they are completely coated.
- Gently lay the chicken into the hot oil away from you to minimize splatter.
- Cook for x minutes, then carefully flip. Cook for x minutes, then remove to a cooling rack or paper towel to drain excess oil. Sprinkle with a little salt.
- Dress two hamburger buns with desired toppings. Add one chicken breast to each and enjoy!