Disclaimer: this post may contain affiliate links, which means if you click through and make a purchase, I earn a small commission (at no additional cost to you!). This allows me to keep buying cheese and making free content 😉 Thanks!
And just like that, the holiday season is upon us. Time to bust out the cozy socks, queue up some cheesy Christmas movies, and start baking. To celebrate the peak of baking season, I’m going to be sharing 12 different cookie recipes, or (to be more festive) 12 Days of Christmas Cookies.
Day 7 – Coconut Macaroons. Simple, sweet, and really pretty, these are a classic at any Jewish bakery. And they couldn’t be easier. Tender, chewy, delicious.
Mix together coconut, sweetened condensed milk, and vanilla. In a separate bowl, whip egg whites to stiff peaks. Fold the coconut mixture into the egg whites and drop spoonfuls onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 23-30 minutes until they are a toasty golden color.
- 1 bag shredded coconut (14 oz)
- 3/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 egg whites
- Preheat oven to 325oF
- In a bowl, combine coconut, condensed milk, vanilla and salt. Fold together until the mixture is combined.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs whites to stiff peaks.
- Using a rubber spatula, fold the coconut mix into the egg whites until combined.
- Drop rounded tablespoons onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 23-25 minutes until the tops of the cookies are just getting golden.
- Remove from oven and transfer to a cooling rack.