Disclaimer: this post may contain affiliate links, which means if you click through and make a purchase, I earn a small commission (at no additional cost to you!). This allows me to keep buying cheese and making free content 😉 Thanks!
And just like that, the holiday season is upon us. Time to bust out the cozy socks, queue up some cheesy Christmas movies, and start baking. To celebrate the peak of baking season, I’m going to be sharing 12 different cookie recipes, or (to be more festive) 12 Days of Christmas Cookies.
Day 10! Christmas Cracker Toffee. I know this usually goes by another name but I don’t like comparing my food to drugs lol soooo… Christmas Cracker Toffee it is!
Start with a layer of saltine crackers on a foil-lined baking sheet. Melt together butter and brown sugar and pour it over the crackers. Bake it in the oven for a few minutes and cover it in melted chocolate. Decorate with crushed candy canes, cookie crumbs, candy, or leave it plain.
Christmas Cracker Toffee
- 1 box saltine crackers
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 bag chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325oF
- Line a cookie sheet with foil.
- Arrange crackers in a single layer on the sheet.
- In a pot, melt together the butter and brown sugar and cook for about three minutes, stirring constantly.
- Carefully pour the sugar mixture over the crackers and spread. Put into the oven for 5-7 minutes.
- Remove from oven and pour chocolate chips over top. Return to oven for 1 minute. Pull out and spread chocolate over top. Sprinkle with candy cane pieces
- Let cool, then break into pieces.