This post may contain affiliate links, which means if you click through and make a purchase, I earn a small commission (at no additional cost to you!). This allows me to keep buying cheese and making free content 😉 Thanks!
For vegetarian twist on a classic, skip the chicken or tuna and make chickpea salad instead. This guy makes for a great meal prep as it gets better the next day. Serve it as a sandwich, over greens, or in a meal prep container with veggies and crackers. (Here are the containers I use.)
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed (15.5 oz)
- 1 tbsp mayo (can also use greek yogurt or avocado)
- 2 stalk celery, diced
- 1 shallot, diced (can also use 1/2 of a red onion)
- 1/2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Dump the chickpeas into a large bowl. Use a fork or a large wooden spoon to mash them.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix to combine.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.