This post may contain affiliate links, which means if you click through and make a purchase, I earn a small commission (at no additional cost to you!). This allows me to keep buying cheese and making free content 😉 Thanks!
Ooooooh this one is good. Super simple, fresh, fun. It’ll be perfect in the summer time when those backyard tomatoes and basil are going OFF. A spin on a classic caprese with a little boost of protein and fiber from the beans. Let it sit for at least half an hour before serving, let the balsamic get up in everything.
Caprese Bean Salad
- 2 15.5 oz cans cannelini beans, white beans, or navy beans
- 1 8 oz container mozzarella pearls, drained
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic glaze
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place all the ingredients in a bowl and stir to combine.
- Let sit for at least 30 minutes for the flavors to come together before enjoying.
- Store in the refrigerator for 4-5 days.
- You can use any kind of white bean you want or have laying around. Chick peas would also work!
- If you only have big tomatoes, just cut them into bite sized pieces and they’ll work fine. Same if you cant find mozzarella pearls, just get the bigger ball of fresh mozz and cut into bite sized pieces.