Disclaimer: this post may contain affiliate links, which means if you click through and make a purchase, I earn a small commission (at no additional cost to you!). This allows me to keep buying cheese and making free content 😉 Thanks!
Jump to Recipe
And just like that, the holiday season is upon us. Time to bust out the cozy socks, queue up some cheesy Christmas movies, and start baking. To celebrate the peak of baking season, I’m going to be sharing 12 different cookie recipes, or (to be more festive) 12 Days of Christmas Cookies.
Day 4 is another fun twist on the classic chocolate chip – Candy Cane Chocolate Chip Cookies! Classic chocolate chip with pieces of crushed candy canes, a fun way to bring some seasonal cheer to everyone’s favorite cookie.
Again, I used the Toll House Chocolate Chip Cookies for the base and then folded in some crushed candy canes with the chocolate chips. Start by creaming together the butter and sugar. Add an egg, vanilla, and the dry ingredients. Fold in chocolate chips and candy cane pieces. Scoop onto parchment lined trays, and bake at 350 for 11-12 minutes.
Candy Cane Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 14 oz chocolate chips (1 bag)
- 1/2 cup crushed candy cane pieces (about 4 candy canes)
- In a mixer, cream together the butter and both sugars.
- Add the vanilla and the egg and mix to combine.
- Add the flour, baking soda, and salt, in a few additions to avoid spraying flour everywhere. Mix until everything just comes together.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and candy cane pieces.
- Preheat oven to 375oF
- Drop rounded tablespoons of dough onto parchment lined sheets.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes or until edges are set and cookies are golden brown
- Cool and enjoy!