Disclaimer: this post may contain affiliate links, which means if you click through and make a purchase, I earn a small commission (at no additional cost to you!). This allows me to keep buying cheese and making free content 😉 Thanks!
This past year was a reminder to slow down and focus on the things that matter – family, friends, comfort, and health. This is usually the time when resolutions start pouring in, to eat healthier, to exercise more, to change yourself in some way. But 2020 was taxing and stressful and emotionally draining. So instead of a resolution, I’m just reminding myself to treat myself gently and give myself grace. I’m going to focus on things that make me happy and make me feel good, both my body and my mind.
So anyway, here’s a recipe for cheesy kale pesto pasta, because nothing says “I’m taking care of my whole self” like a bubbling dish of kale and cheese and pasta. Super simple, super comforting, super nourishing. Kale, garlic, olive oil, and parm are blended together into a pesto, mixed with pasta and a good amount of cheese, and baked until bubbly. Literally what could be better?
Baked Kale Pesto Pasta
- 1 lb short pasta (cavatappi, shells, macaroni)
- 1 bag shredded mozzarella (8 oz)
- 1 batch kale pesto (recipe below)
- Preheat oven to 350oF
- Cook pasta according to package directions, stopping cooking 2 minutes before the box says it’ll be done. Drain.
- In the pot you cooked the pasta in, add back the noodles, the pesto, and half of the mozzarella. Stir to combine until all the noodles are coated in sauce.
- Transfer to a baking dish and top with the rest of the mozzarella.
- Bake for 30 minutes. If the top starts to brown too much, cover it with foil.
- 1 bunch kale
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Adjust seasoning to taste.
Are you making any resolutions this year? Or do you feel like surviving a pandemic was enough. Let me know in the comments below!